Sinister: i hope this makes me sound mature and well balanced......

Paula Cullen p.cullen at xxx.com
Wed Oct 27 16:15:05 BST 1999

hmmmmm,

i try  not to get involved in these sort of things as :

1.   it is * never * a good idea,
2.   im on digest so im usually about a day behind everyone else,

but i dunno, i must be premenstrual today or something....

brandt said something to the effect of:
"everyone except robert mctaggert was really rude about it...."
personally, i think robert mctaggart was being a little less than polite,
but hey, maybe thats just me and my swiss finishing school manners. ho ho.
(that wasn't a personal attack on you, robert, by the way, i just dont
agree with the way you went about it)

now, while im not championing the sort of posts that consist of " this is
what i wore to the youth club disco last week. amn't i desirable and
cutting edge? please fancy me and vote for me on the list crush",  if
people *genuinely* have something to say, whether amusing or otherwise,
they should be treated with a little more tolerance here than they have
been lately.

out of 1000-odd people, it would be a little unrealistic to expect everyone
to have an "amusing" or " entertaining " life.
hey, some people might even have (whisper it) "problems" in their life .
 does that mean they have less of a right to a voice than the "amusing"
people?
i think the pessimists on the list should revolt against the "amusing" and
"entertaining" people.
now that would make an interesting read all right:

" yada yada yada, that last post by X was so fucking entertaining it made
me want to swallow my own head, yada yada etc"

i have to admit that *i* dont read every post from beginning to end, but
thats up to me surely?
the delete key is there for a reason guys, EXCERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO
CHOOSE!!! em, yeah, right on.

while no names have been mentioned in any of the "attacks" it is pretty
bloody obvious who in being targeted in each case.

when brandt wrote that; when his grandmother died, he would just take a few
days off, rather than bother us with it, in case it wasnt "amusing", i felt
kinda sad to be part of a collective that seems to be so selfish and
intolerant all of a sudden.
and, no, it wasn't *guilt*.

for jaysus sake, whether we are all belleandsebastian fans or not, i would
like to think that we are all still people, capable of some sort of feeling
and compassion, yeah?

i've always been a relatively private person when it comes to personal
problems etc, but i've heard it can be liberating to "let it all out", as
it were ;)
different folks, different strokes an' all that, innit?

some people dont *have* friends that they can talk to about personal stuff,
you know.
count yourself lucky if you do.

jerry springers final thought:

lets BAN people from the list who write boring posts *about* boring posts.
and no, the irony of  * this* post , therefore, is not lost on me ;)

paula cullen booze explosion
booooze!!!! yeeeaaahh!!!
"getting beer poured over your head isn't necessarily a bad thing.
it's cold, it's good for your hair, and it makes you smell like a champ."

p.s. i apologise profusely for any parts of this mail which make me sound
like a screaming hippy.
im not, you know.
peace.