Sinister: As we learn about each other, so we learn about ourselves

Laura Llew lleweth at xxx.com
Fri Oct 29 20:38:52 BST 1999

Miss me?

Don't worry your aim will get better.

Yes, rice crispy lovers everywhere, I regret to inform you that I am back
from my 'Meet the Yankees: Final Destination Maine' Tour.  Unfortunately, I
didn't mean for it to turn into a Get Beat by the Yankees Tour for my
beloved Braves. Alas, the season is over for them & Blake can continue
mocking my unfaltering dedication to them.  It was still a wondrous trip
nonetheless.  I'm in love. It's October (my favorite month) and I'm in love.
Not with a guy (pfftt) but with Maine. It was absolutely gorgeous there. It
was the perfect combination of trees and coastal area. There was an ethereal
feel to it - like I was drifting through the state in a foggy dream. I
expected the ruins of Manderlee to show it's face at anytime. Plus, there
were tons of bookstores there. The old book bookstore variety (the best
kind). Oh, how we plundered to our heart's delights. Finally, I found a copy
of one of the literary list recommendations "The Sorrows of Young Werther"
by Goethe. I read it while sitting on a bank of a small coastal inlet - the
setting and the book were truly sublime. The best one from the list that I
have read thus far!

Obviously, I have changed my mind about forfeiting my computer use and
unsubscribing to the list (sorry to get your hopes up). I just couldn't take
the pain, especially since I just put my picture up. Well, it's of lil'
llew, taken when I was four. I have decided that I'm not going to put up a
recent picture of me unless I can have one of me on a record cover. It
worked for dear Ciara - why not me? Can anyone give me a reason why a
southern belle shouldn't grace the cover of a Belle and Sebastian cover?

Plus, I couldn't leave the list right as I came up with a side project from
my literary list. And you thought Gentle Waves & Looper were the only side
projects to be reckoned with?  Yes, I've decided to compile a United States
Sinister List Directory. I have often noticed people asking out into the
nether reaches of cyber space if there are other people out there who like
Belle & Sebastian. Frequently,  this is asked half-heartedly since its most
dubious that there are other people in Utah (or Oklahoma, or Iowa, or North
Carolina, or *insert your uncultured state here*) who also have such good
taste in music. With a directory, one can quickly find others who are nearby
who are also b&s fans. It will also be a great resource to find out the
great local spots that would be of interest from residents of the place your
visiting  Good bookstores, clubs, record stores, dentist's offices, massage
parlors, etc.

In order for it to work, everyone has to participate. This means even you
shy and bashful lurkers. I don't think that anyone will become victimized
with torrents of e-mail from being on this list. Just an occasional hello or
such. So come out of the shadows and play in the sun with the rest of us.
Just send a self addressed stamped e-mail to InCorduroy at yahoo.com (it's
still me. just a different address to handle this project) with the
following information:
Name:
E-mail Address:
Current Location(City & State):
Age:
Where you're originally from (if relevant):
College/Occupation (completely optional):
Other Miscellaneous Information (webpage, interests, etc.):

I will be collecting & sorting all of the information and ASpawnyGit named
Bradley has already graciously offered to put the directory on the web. Now,
all we need is for all of you lovely sinisterines who live in the US to
participate. (I would love to be able to compile one for other countries but
am afraid that I do not have the skills or resources to do that. I don't
want to be exclusive in any way but I can really only handle doing one for
the US Maybe we can compile directories with other countries at a later
date.)  C'mon, all the cool kids are doing it!  If you're still hesitant
about participating then just e-mail me so I can talk you into it Ü

We have people standing by to take your calls....

Laura
'meeting all of your Laura Llew needs since 1977'

******Laura Llew's List Member Of The Week******
That list member who has been most congenial in supplying me with needed
knowledge. Indeed, they have become my cyber dictionary and resource for
most anything. So, that person who always answers my petty questions with a
smile (what service) and is the list member of the week