Sinister: transatlantic moving...

Schaffenberger, Kristen kschaffe at xxx.Edu
Sun Oct 31 18:54:19 GMT 1999

Kitties, bunnies, and assorted sinisterines,

  Well, despite having been on this list for nearly two (count them, two!)
years, my infrequent postings keep me at lurker status.  In any case,
knowing that a number of you live in the London area, I hope this post will
work as an appeal for help.  I've just been awarded a one-year graduate
fellowship to London.  (It is necessary to point out that I'm planning on
doing the bulk of my post-grad work in the US, so I'll basically be taking
classes on sort of a casual, noncommital level.)  For reasons of even
geographic distribution among fellowship recipients, my assigned school is
Goldsmiths College in Southeast London.  I move in late August. Not having
visited the UK since I was about, erm, 15, I'm not sure where to start
looking for a place to live, etc.  My awarded funds will cover both my
living and school expenses, so I don't mind moving away from the college
area and making a short commute to school.  Please email me privately with
insight, advice, &c.  Most looking forward to meeting all of you in a few
months!

  XO,
 Kristen

PS  I might have to make a very, very short (vis 2-3 day) visit to the city
for an interview at the college.  Mark?  Mark?