Sinister: I take one one one cause you left me..

bUgleT bug at xxx.uk
Thu Sep 2 00:56:50 BST 1999

dearest all.

well, i'm finally back in england and back to my beloved cd player [no b&s
for an entire week] and sinister digest, which i have been reading with a
contented smile on my face.

i've had a strange bank holiday weekend. it started with getting back from
france at about 12.30am on the friday [or should that be saturday], and
then getting 5 hours sleep before heading off to reading the next day. but
my head did not hit the pillow before i had rung up phillip, my "dying"
[his words, not mine - he had a cough] boyfriend. said boyfriend was very
pissed and somewhere in witney, and had decided to go to reading after all
[while pissed], despite his rule of not going to festivals unless he's
playing at them.

so the first half of the festival was taken up by my search for mr honey
[that is his real surname], who i eventually found glued to the bar [i
should have known] during pavement. he was wearing a very fetching purple
dress and a cowboy hat. it was a bit strange, as i'd never seen him in a
dress before - but he actually looked quite good. his legs are surprisingly
alright for a man. but he soon changed his clothes, after cassie and i
shouted, "no, you cannot sit crosslegged  in a dress you fool " at himfor a
while. i have to mention at this point that he asked me to phone him on
sunday to tell him what time i was coming round. it's important later on..

i got dragged to see les rythmes digitales, who i actually liked a lot, so
i did twee indie dancing in the middle of the dance tent. that was fun. six
by seven were also interesting.

but then paul and cassie went back to the tent to get pissed on vodka,
leaving me with phillip. who was in a bad mood. and complained for the next
hour about everything. and i mean everything. about the fact that there was
nowhere to sit, about the fact that pot noodles had been specially designed
so that he couldn't eat them, about the fact that there were too many
people.......we ended up walking along w/ him shouting "i hate fucking
festivals!" at every available opportunity. which was pleasant. then cassie
and paul came back, suitably pissed to dive into the idlewild moshpit and
scare all the fifteen year olds by being, well, us. phill refused to come
into the tent, and i kept looking back to check he was still there. but
then i looked back and he wasn't there anymore.

so i go and watch a bit of blur, and a bit of all seeing i with phil
oakley, and then i go home and fall asleep.

next day, i ring phillip as we had arranged, only there's no answer. so i
ring again. and again. and again. then it gets to about the twentieth time
i've tried, and thee's still no answer. by this time i'm seriously
distressed, and james comes over to console me. he then rings, and gets a
nasty text message on his mobile from phill saying he's not answering the
phone kos he can't be arsed 2 talk 2 anyone, and haven't you worked that
out yet? very nice.

since then, i have not spoken to my 'boyfriend'. apparently, he doesn't
want to speak to me. although he is now speaking to everyone else.

so i am slightly confused.

i have also discovered 'kiss off' by violent femmes, and have been playing
it all day as it suits my mood perfectly.

any words of advice would be appreciated. *

but yes, that was an interesting weekend. tomorrow night i intend on
getting highly pissed. bring on the vodka.

for the b&s content, i have the excuse that mr honey's band is named stars
of track and field. but they don't sound much like our beloveds.

oh, and i'm wearing my 'study at stow' t-shirt as i write this.....does
that count?

anyway, must be off to make a sandwich and go and listen to that song one
more time.

au revoir
*bug*

* although please don't tell me to dump him. i'm not going to. if i must, i
shall wait and be dumped. it's good material i suppose.

***the tiny zine on the net***
http://ds.dial.pipex.com/sage/tartrazine

***and the best band in oxford***

http://www.sage.dial.pipex.com/moonkat/