Sinister: "he's sinister!"

Matthew Hintz mhintz at xxx.edu
Thu Sep 2 04:52:51 BST 1999

"I know the word to describe that man," exclaimed Mrs. Stornway, who had
just learned it and used it more often than the occasion warranted.  "He's
sinister!"

Since no one else has taken it upon themselves to comment upon the meeting
of the worlds in an East Village cafe in New York City Saturday evening, I
feel it is my duty.  The meet up was designed in honor of Londonder Martin
Robinson visiting, but he never ended up visiting _us_.  About half of the
turnout wasn't even on the list, but that sort of thing has never made
much difference.  The street outside the cafe became particularly
interesting as Michele and Megan took the longest cigarette break in
history there, save for perhaps Serge Gainsbourg's life which is possibly
the longest cigarette break.  In France at least.  In America, the pace of
life is so fast that even long cigarette breaks are shorter.  Hard cider
was the drink of choice amongst the crew, until a shortage in the supply
caused me to switch to Guiness and toast.  "A Century of Fakers" began
playing in the cafe, but no one would own up to requesting it.  A
coincidence, but the unplanned kind.  And then everything began to feel
rather right in the world, if for that night only.  The badges are upside
down for a reason.

		Living and loving
			Matthew
Stolen Kisses