Sinister: jeepster nudes

Honey honey at xxx.net
Thu Sep 2 14:49:04 BST 1999

Here's some Jeepster nudes some of you might not have seen if you
aren't on the nudes list - don't think anyone else has sent this on.

Mummy x

Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 19:49:15 +0100
From: David Kitchen <shop at xxx.uk>
To: news at jeepster.co.uk

SALAKO, SNOW PATROL AND A BELLE IN NEW YORK
http://www.jeepster.co.uk/

at this years CMJ music thingy in New York, Jeepster Records have teamed up with
Sugar Free Records to bring you a night of fine music. the night will take place
at The Knitting Factory, 74 Leonard Street, NY. you should check local press and
the venue for ticket details.

bands playing on the night include;
snow patrol, salako, sparkle horse, wheat and beulah. with additional
accompaniment from the DJ'ing talents of richard colburn (belle and sebastian).

this is a one off gig and is not part of a tour, meaning it's bloody special and
if you can get along to it you should make the effort. both snow patrol and salako
are incredibly tight live bands who really perform, so to have them side by side
on a schedule is equates to a cool night out.

--

LOOPER SINGLE WITH PULP REMIX
http://www.treehouse.clara.net/

looper have returned from their US tour triumphant, and without pausing to wallow
in their glory have already finished the follow up to the debut single 'ballad of
ray suzuki'.

three tracks form this stunning single, all of them are damn special;
1- who's afraid of y2k?
	a live favourite in the US, and rapidly becoming the most played track in
	the office.
2- up a tree again
	a slight twist on the album version with more chorus and a brilliant hook
	that gets it stuck in your head for days
3- up a tree again (the chocolate layers st john's ambulance mix)
	a quote from the pulp website at http://www.rise.co.uk/pulp/ (at least i
	think it's a quote, can't get the site to work, so it may be
	fabrication!);

"Jarvis (Cocker) and Steve (Mackay) (not just Jarvis as previously reported) have
remixed "Up A Tree""

	it sounds like a wild party, there's a great bit where Jarvis is singing
	backing vocals and the whole damn thing sounds gloriously loud and feels
	like it could fall apart at any moment, but then, that's the beauty of
	both pulp and looper.

the release date for this has been set for the UK at October 18th 1999. it will be
released on CD single and 10" vinyl. cat number JPRCDS015 & JPR10015 respectively.
all good indies should carry this easily, some larger stores should also have it,
but of course, anyone finding themselves unsure of whether they'll get a copy can
just order it in advance from us. we'll do our usual best to make sure that it
arrives on or around the release date, it should be on our site in a week or so :)

--

well, that's it, another dose of news dealt with. other small bits of info;

belle and sebastian are still in the studio, belle and sebastian related
merchandise will now no longer be sold by jeepster - look, we're a record company
right, not a clothes store ;) - the band are now running that from their small
office in glasgow though jeepster will still be selling the posters and records as
usual, because of that our turn-around time has improved (most orders now
despatched within a week, with some despatched within two days), the gentle waves
are working on new material, snow patrol will soon be heading into the studio with
stuart murdoch (belle and sebastian) possibly producing, happy birthday to james
(salako) for this saturday, massive overhaul of ALL the jeepster websites just
round the corner prior to another 'something special' that we're working on.

well, that'll keep the rumour mongers amongst you busy :) which reminds me to ask
kindly that if you're going to use this in news stories (yes, i know now that
there's a lot of journo's on this list), at least quote the source!!!

cheers

david