Sinister: Now, IIIIIIIIIIIIIII...want someone badly

Walkn10 at xxx.com Walkn10 at xxx.com
Thu Sep 2 23:48:00 BST 1999

We were listening to the First Love, Last Rites soundtrack today and that
line has been stuck in my head ever since.  Thats such a great soundtrack,
especially the Jeff Buckley and Rob Zander tracks.  Speaking of Rob Zander,
is anyone else going to see Cheap Trick and Guided by Voices at the 9:30 Club
next Fri?  I hope so...
I saw Mogwai last night in DC and I think my hearing is beginning to
re-assert itself as a functional sense.  Driving home last night I was close
to totally deaf in my right ear, but now its either alot better or the other
one has given out as well in a touching display of solidarity with its
bretheren.  At least the ringing has subsided.  It was quite a racuous
gathering of the stars of the DC Sinister system at the Black Cat.  How
anyone in their right mind cannot be instantly cheered up by the presence of
Christa and Dan is beyond me.  If they're not the happiest, cheeriest, most
fun couple on the planet then...I don't know, but they're really great!  We
also met up with Ian and his girlfriend from Glasgow (never caught a last
name but he's got a mullet).  They were some of the nicest people I've ever
met.
Last night I finally saw the B&S documentary that was on the BBC (I'm know
thats so old but I'm WAY behind the times) and I liked it.  I agree with
those that said it left much to be desired but the interviews with Mick were
great.  He seems like the nicest guy.  Richard too, but he seems like more of
a mischevious rogue.  I would have liked to have seen more Stuart M. or
Stevie J. footage, but I guess the handful of Isobel clips makes up for it.
Someone said awhile back that this tape proved how horrible and mangled Wee
Chris' haircut is and I must sadly agree.  It's quite a sad sack cut, but it
is kind of neat in an odd way.
Gas station attendants pumping gas?  Is this still around?  I haven't seen a
Full Service station in ages, but apparently Lauren has proven their
existance.  I shall have to lobby to have one installed around here because
I'm quite a lazy chap and if I can stay in my car for 5 minutes longer I
shall be that much happier.
Later

steve c.