Sinister: What if...

COURTOLY at xxx.com COURTOLY at xxx.com
Fri Sep 3 13:32:48 BST 1999

Its been a thought on my mind for a while, shame shame because s/he will read
this.

What if you meet someone at a Sinister picnic and they turn out to be, well,
not your type of friend? I mean, if you have some stuff in common, but
communicate very awkwardly and end up feeling like you're defending your
friend's bands and both of you are acting "s--------ish" because you know
these musicians are really nice people when you get to know them and its not
just another stop on the tour. Sigh. I do think this person is very nice but
s/he doesn't think very nice things of some of my friends who s/he's only met
once. And I tried really hard to talk about hobbies and travelling and school
and other things that would be nice, but it just seemed to be soured by our
disagreements even if we never fought.

Speaking of touring- My friend Nomy was telling me about touring yesterday
and it seemed very wierd. She was in a Drag Attack cabaret that just went all
over the US this summer and played punk clubs and queer bars. She was just
saying how wierd it is going to city to city and only seeing one little bit
of it and having that one little bit be you onstage and then you offstage but
with people taking care of you and giving you a place to sleep and wanting to
talk to you and interview you and buy things from you. So maybe some people
are just used to that kind of attention and start acting funny.

Do any of you Sinistereens have web pages where you put up songs in mp3 or
real audio? While not a teenboyradiopop band song, I want to put up the song
Wanna Be by the Spice Girls as sang by Calvin Johnson of K records with
Amelia and Pete from Heavenly/Talulah Gosh/Marine Research. I'm afraid my
tape is going to wear out if I don't get it digitalized soon, and then anyone
could hear it for free.

Love
Courtney B