Sinister: Denholm Elephant

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Fri Sep 3 14:54:30 BST 1999

Apologies to Motolo the elephant for getting her name wrong and
thinking she was a boy. It was the trunk that did it. And I'm glad
Thailand isn't full of landmines. Did you know that someone pops their
clogs on a landmine every single every so often? It's shocking. I
prefer those spiky ones in the sea, like on Dad's Army. And Oon, I can
put your mind at rest. Although I have a great deal of respect for
baldies, and consider myself to be spiritually balding, I have a
lovely head of hair, thick and luxuriant, a bit like David Hasselhoff,
only crawling with nits. Besides which, you love baldies in Thailand,
we've all seen "The King and I".

The other day I bemoaned the enormous number of posts we get from
people going on about how drunk they get. It has since occurred to me,
all on my own, that people might be going on about getting drunk to
cover up for the fact that they've been snogging, and don't want to be
held responsible for their choice of snog partner. If that's the case,
keep those booze-soaked posts coming in. Sheds new light on Keith's
occasional "anyone fancy a pint?" posts too.

I've just seen a Ricky Martin video. What a dirty slag artist! He's
always at it, from the looks of things. He's got more birds than you
can shake a stick at.

William, "Novelty Rock" is easily the worst Denim album. The first
one's pretty good on the whole, the second one's an acquired taste. I
like it, and Piezoleptic Unit likes it, and one or two other people
like it. There are glimmers of .... I don't know, it's got good bits.
But bear in mind I think Felt is a load of pretentious toss. With good
bits. It's like this, which do you prefer? "She lives by the castle,
oh yeah" or "I couldn't beleive it, she looked like one of the Hair
Bear Bunch!" For me, it's a very one-sided affair. There's a kind of
fascism of crap at work, totalitarian straight-faced pop misguidance.
It's best not to think about it too much, my advice would be to snap
them up if you see them cheap. They've definitely got something. Their
influence may account for the top ten wanks line in the Murdoch canon.
Praise indeed.

Speaking of B&S, do I detect the merest spark of rivalry between
Beepster and the "small" B&S office in Glasgow? I'd like to see those
two incredibly tight live units playing, I like a bit of superb
fretwork and tight drum patterns. Should appeal to industry types in
the Big Apple. Speaking of which, if you've got a job in the media
world, don't forget to gratuitously mention it in your posts,
everyone'll be dead impressed.

Ciao,

Sister Disco