Sinister: well YOU'VE come a long way since september...

ian ian at xxx.uk
Fri Sep 3 18:56:10 BST 1999

my god..can it really be september?  i think a giant whale swallowed a few
weeks of my summer somewhere..
just incase anybody remembers me, i've been offline for a couple of months
mostly down to phone problems.(i put it down to sarah cracknell's tricks
with copper wire whilst living in my cellar)  i wasn't ignoring anybody...so
i hope you people i was e-mailing off-list won't be too angry if i send you
a hello again...
there are about 300 messages from the last few months that i wanted to reply
to but i think in the interests of not getting turfed off the list that i'll
stick to yesterday's.

what a bloody gorgeous day..i've spent it lying in the sun trying not to
think about the fact that i've now been working in a library for 3 years and
pondering the virtues of eyebrow piercings (any advice gratefully received)

also, i've been playing the looper album which i've neglected most of the
summer.  that was my bowlie album and for a little while listening to it
made me sad.  now i'm getting all excited about ATPs and it seems
appropriate to play it once more (by the way, is there any off-list
discussion going on on that subject?) all those nice memories of standing on
a beach watching the sun come up and dancing in the sea to looper like mad
people and erm...watching some band or other.  i won't bore you any further.

graham was asking for musical recommendations...try some "whale"..

the drop dead droovy erica m was sharing:

>I found a book in the attic. It's called DREAMS 'hidden meanings and
>secrets'.

i found a book in the cellar...its called "1001 ways with ky...want an
excerpt?"

>I had a very twee dream last night. I was left to look after three kittens
>(in little baskets, with little covers) while sorting out some packs of
>cards (with flowers on, no less) but then one moment I looked up and a man
>with a binliner full of wriggling little kitties was dissapearing out the
>back door. I chased after him, but he tricked me by throwing another bag at
>me, which was just full of fluff. I cried. Then someone bought me three new
>cats, but they were big and fat, and ginger. AND they scratched me.

this is of course, easy to interpret.  it means you are about to be meet a
large giraffe called kevin.  he will sing to you, quietly at first but
gradually increasing in volume, and his songs will hold the secrets of all
the things you never knew you didn't know.  the kittens, by the way, are a
reference to sex.  possibly not with the giraffe.

so..can you open your book and tell me what dreaming of trying to help karen
carpenter teach a robot dog to sing means?

alasdair shared:

>You are all my favourite vegetables. Cheerio.

can i be an eggplant with a message from allah inside it?
(this does not mean that i am fat and purple)

i think i'll stop now.  all this e-mailing has rushed to my head
ian

(ps.  none of the above is true.  i was actually kidnapped by an alien who
looked like stephen dorff.  he would keep trying to impregnate me.  i didn't
have the heart to tell him that it wouldn't work...  he has now gone back to
be with his people)