Sinister: A brief word of encouragement....

Mcb625 at xxx.com Mcb625 at xxx.com
Sat Sep 4 04:12:28 BST 1999

Hello all, your kindly Uncle Dan has emerged from the nursery and my
customary silence to send good wishes to Sarah and Marcus (and all the rest
of the Sinisterines) and to bid them be brave and of good cheer during the
awkwardness of freshman week (or its local equivalent; that's what it's
called here in the States, and a horrible week it was indeed)...along with (I
admit) a goodly portion of fairly horrible snobs and such you will come
across some lovely people I promise (you too, Jen and Lauren) - I can't
really speak to the relative merits of kind hearts vs. coronets (this is the
USA after all) but kind hearts are certainly worth more than sharp clothes, a
rapier-like wit and even (dare I say) good taste in music...and they are out
there and you will find them (although it doesn't always seem like it)...

And it's getting to be autumn here and I've had "I know where the summer
goes" in my head all day...

Sorry to trouble you all...be brave, you kind and gentle folks...

Uncle Dan frrom America