Sinister: Nothing for days, then three in one night...

Robin Carmody robin at xxx.uk
Mon Sep 6 20:21:54 BST 1999

Sorry about this, but a few points ...

Lucy, yes radio in London *is* crap, although the local stations are
probably marginally superior to other parts of Britain.  In fact British
radio stations are among the worst in the world, because they still believe
in a false, imaginary national unity via the Top 40.  With the freedom
offered by the wider range of broadcasting elsewhere, more micro-identities
within France, Germany, New Zealand even, are recognised.  Not like here,
tragically.

"endearing Devon insularity" ... not sure about that, but I find Dorset
insularity the least endearing thing imaginable.  But maybe I just have too
much experience of it...

love on ya
robin