Sinister: many a mickle makes a muckle

Ian McKinney the_gibber at xxx.com
Mon Sep 6 23:43:10 BST 1999

Hello,
It was a quiet weekend for me. Bit of a non-starter. I saw the Arab Strap
show last thursday, somehow they didn't move me to the extent that I'd
expected. They didn't seem too happy with the show. Aidan Moffat was quite a
bit taller than I expected, though. I met fellow sinisterine Tim McGregor -
top bloke, and the first time I've met someone through the list.
  I went on a spending spree on Saturday and bought two splediferous CDs -
'The Fidelity Wars' by Hefner and 'Slow riot for zero Kanada' by Godspeed
you Black Emperor. I love the Godspeed one - it brings back memories of My
Dying Bride (oh, the folly of youth!). Hefner is a bit of a grower, mind you
it's the growers that always stay in the top rack longest. If I recall, it
took a couple of months for IYFS to grow on me completely.
    Has anyone heard that re-released old album by Skip Spence? Is it any
good? As a fan of Surrealistic Pillow-era Jefferson Airplane (please don't
take the piss) I was considering getting it.
    Daragh Lynch, can you hear me? POST, damn it! Be not afraid.
Yours in quiet contemplation,
Ian