No subject

Diana N. miss_modular at xxx.com
Tue Sep 7 00:41:55 BST 1999

hellooooo my little bags of bubbles...

Has anyone been walking down the street listening to their walkman and
suddenly have this weird feeling that they are in a movie???  I am either
having a weird freak out from working too many hours at the hospital or I
had an out-of-body experience today....

I was listening to Nick Drake's "Pink Moon" and 'Things behind the sun' came
on and I suddenly felt like I was walking in slow motion.... like in an end
of a movie where they play a really sad song and the person is walking
really slow and the wind is blowing their hair in their
face....ohhhhhhhh....so weird....my head was spinning and I couldn't feel my
body anymore, people were bumping into me, lips around me were moving and my
eyes started tearing and I had to sit on the side of Yonge street in Toronto
beside the TD bank and a man that kept asking me for change...

Someone on the list, mind my cheese-holed brain but I cannot remember who,
mentioned the gal from Len and I had to laugh...really loud in my room
freaking out the cat....sorry, I am from Toronto and back when I was young
and energetic (and rich) I used to see at least 5 shows a week, at least
half of which were opened by the then 'punk rock' Len...and they always
bugged me for these reasons....

1. brother and sister incest....ewwwwwww...kissing and touching
brother/sister bad....

2. brain rotting lyrics ('just because my breath smells like poptarts
doesn't mean that I eat them all night')

3. the fact that the chick never, and I repeat, NEVER took off her
napsack....I must have seen them 24 times and she wore it always...once
taking off her sweater with it on...we used to wonder if she had a hump...

4.  have you heard her talking voice??  I did...I thought it would be high
and sweet...it was low...very low....ahhhhhh...

Anyhoo...I am babbling...perhaps still in complete shock from today...or
perhaps just insane....(ermmm...no voting)

Love ya and leave ya...

"There are events you remember all your life, like your first real orgasm.
And the whole purpose of the absurd, mechanically persistent involvement
with recorded music is the pursuit of that priceless moment...Because the
best music is strong and guides and cleanses and is life itself."....Lester
Bangs...

Diana