Sinister: Another Tragic Parody

Alan Singfield alan.singfield at xxx.com
Tue Sep 7 13:56:34 BST 1999

Yes, a meetup in London sounds like a good idea. We should turn it into a
Bowlie theme party:

(1) Anyone who has a garden shed, a pink frilly lampshade and a sofa you can
only sit the wrong way round on can recreate the chaletesque experience.

(2) Venue: Doesn't matter as long as it serves Beamish Black.

(3) Bands: Each member of Sinister has to come dressed as a member of Belle
and Sebastian, and can mime to recordings of past gigs.

(4) Anyone who wants to do (3) can do this in Camber Sands. Preferably 400
yards off shore.

(5) Surprise appearance by Zigue Zigue Sputnik (who have now reformed and
quote their influences as Mogwai, Extreme Noise Terror and Val Doonican)

Seriously though, I am disappointed. I was looking forward to suffering a
hangover in a draughty chalet, then trampling through the mud to Funky
Monkey's Fun Zone. These are the things that make you feel truly alive. That
and the scowl I got from the woman in the newsagents when I complained that
you couldn't get a single broadsheet newspaper in East Sussex.

It would have been nice to put faces to names of some of the people on the
list. So can somebody who actually knows a decent venue pipe up please?

    thankyounicepeople,

        Spanners.

PS. Does anyone know when "Why Did You Let My Kitten Die" comes out? I can't
get it out of my head and I really need to know more lyrics than just the
chorus...