Sinister: another tirade (pointlessly)

Kevan Cooke fatslug at xxx.com
Wed Sep 8 10:03:19 BST 1999

hello folks,

so pontins still think it's on do they?  as this would appear to be a joint
venture i would have thought foundation would have a duty to consult with
pontins before pulling the plug on the event.  at the very least it would be
highly unprofessional of them to allow the news to become public knowledge
before pontins had even been informed.

when i looked late yesterday ticketweb still seemed to be selling tickets
too, have foundation not bothered to tell them either?  bunch of cowboys.

just a thought, but do we get the whole 105 pounds back, or was part of that
a non-refundable ticketweb booking fee?  sorry, i shouldn't say things like
that, better to wait a couple of days and see what ticketweb say.

i think pointing to the absence of a belle and sebastian type band as the
reason for poor ticket sales is misguided.  all of the bands this time were
out and out indie bands with relatively small but very dedicated followings
(like belle and sebastian) the real problem lies in having no bands with the
wider appeal that was provided by divine comedy and mercury rev at bowlie.

and blaming it on camber sands being too remote doesn't really wash either,
no one ever felt the need to relocate glastonbury to hyde park did they?
at the end of the day the price was at little too high and the bands lacked
the commercial appeal to sell tickets to people other than me and you, and
the two of us were hardly going to fill the place were we?

count me in for anything that happens in place of atp.  could we incorporate
a demonstration outside foundation's offices into the proceedings?  does
anyone know where their offices are?  is there a pub nearby?

paula cullen and her booze explosion said:
> i'm afraid i must bid you all adieu.
> my bosses are all fascists and have denied me ANY contact with the outside
> world.

BOOOOOZE!!!! NOOOOOO!!!!!

kevan