Sinister: all tomorrow's picnics

Marcus Omond marcusomond at xxx.com
Wed Sep 8 15:36:45 BST 1999

hello everyone,

ok, i've put a thread on the belle and sebastian message board proposing
that all us unfortunate souls stranded in london as a result of foundation
being fucking useless cocksuckers should meet up on primrose hill for two
days of fun (apologies if anyone on the list is married to/ a child of/
sleeping with the head honchos at foundation).  come to chalk farm tube at
2pm on saturday and sunday, and we'll have a laugh, we will.  anyway, there
are all sorts of more details at:
http://www.belleandsebastian.co.uk/cgi-bin/mboard/belle/thread.cgi?447,0

and coupled with the cancellation of the festival of the summer, TALVIN
SINGH has won the mercury music prize.  what is the world coming to?  it's
an overblown wanky coffee-table trying to be cool but failing miserably with
a few breakbeats thrown in piece of shit.  anokha was much more musically
interesting... quite why beth orton didn't win for that really quite
outstanding... anyway, enough of that.  any supposedly serious short list
without come on die young on is a bit silly and not worth getting in a huff
about.

um, so, if i've messed up anyone else's formative plans for what we should
do that weekend, i'm sorry.  if anyone else has a much better plan, then
let's do that instead.  the picnic's just an idea for something fun to do
during the day, and i'm sure that other people will be able to arrange
cunning things to do in the evening.  my address book is as bereft of useful
contacts as my wallet is of money (still waiting for the refund that'll make
me rich) and so i'm a bit crap for organising night-time entertainment, but
i'm sure someone will do a great job.  oh, and i'm VERY sorry if by
arranging this picnic i've in any way offended mark, claire or stevie.
that's just about the last thing i want to do - apart from, say, going up to
my room and actually READING some of the things cambridge have told me to ;)

anyway, if these plans seem fine, look forward to seeing you at all
tomorrow's picnics.  and that includes all of you who live in england but
didn't buy tickets for the festival - see y'all there... oh, and can someone
let the lovely miss cullen know about this if she can't get to her e-mail,
the poor thing...

love and kisses,

Marcus XXX