Sinister: Celibate wives?

Alexander Runchman alexrunchman at xxx.com
Wed Sep 8 21:41:12 BST 1999

    This is only my 2nd mail as a sinister listee after a three week absence
for A-Level induced alcoholic stupors whose haze I am just beginning
(unfortunately) to see through.
    It seems to have come at a rather melancholy time too. I was somewhat
jealous of everyone going to ATP as it was never an option for poor skint
student me, but I think I can appreciate the disappointment you must all
feel about it being cancelled. A bit like building up your expectations
about this fabulous girl you've liked for ages, feeling certain that she's
giving off positive vibes and that something's going to happen, only for her
to ask your advise about which of her many other admirers she should go out
with, yourself not included, I suppose. (My Celibate Days are very much
continuing). Or maybe not. By the way, Erica and Neil should be thankful not
to have got the full run down of my romantic disappointments at Saturday's
glorious picnic (as Marcus can confirm). Whatever, my commiserations.
(spelling?)
   As for the picnic, it's a long time ago now and you've all heard Marcus's
version of it. Let's just say it was wonderful to meet everyone and not so
wonderful smiling apologetically at a disgusted looking family eating in an
outdoor restauraunt as Marcus threw up right in front of their family.
   I guess it was like the end of summer..... I sympathise if you're going
back to school/ college, but who knows, it might be fun? As for me, I've got
another month before university and I'm terrified. I'm sitting in sunny
Cyprus, but the holiday atmosphere has gone. I have to work...
   A bit of B&S content. Has anyone noticed that Stuart sings 'seven years'
of river walkways etc. on 'A Summer Wasting' rather than 'seven weeks' like
it says in the lyrics? Surely deliberate? (Or am I just too used to
analyzing poems/books too closely for English A-Level/ university).
   Well, I'm off to bed,
                                     Alex (or Crunchie. Some people prefer
it)