Sinister: Shameless Plug

Ronan Barrett ronando2 at xxx.ie
Wed Sep 8 23:31:55 BST 1999

Hello All

It's been a long time since I've ventured into SinisterWorld, for a while
there I was finding the sheer number of mails overwhelming but I've really
enjoyed my last half hour going through the last few digests and feeling
madly jealous of Megan for owning the new Magnetic fields LP long before
I'll get to hear it, Claire for being in the Scottish mountains,etc. then
feeling pretty bloody glad I hadn't organised myself for All Tomorrow's
Parties after hearing about the cancellation.
Anyway, enough of the chit-chat.  My mates have shocked me and probably
themselves by setting up a gig by ex-American Music Club singer Mark Eitzel
this Saturday in Dublin's Temple Bar Music Centre.  They have only sorted
this out in the last 10 days or so it is not as well advertised as it might
be, despite a vigorous flyer campaign conducted by me and a couple of others
after Super Furry Animals last night (I have a feeling that not that many of
SFA's fans were even slightly interested, but they were remarkably nice to
us all the same ).  Support is from Brian, who released an excellent LP on
Setanta earlier this year.  The lads are a bit terrified no-one will turn up
so can I just encourage anyone with nothing better to do on Saturday to head
to the Music Centre.  Worth 9 quid of anyone's money.  (Show starts 8.00
sharp as it has to be finished before 10.30).

Thank you all

Ronan

"Steve Staunton has a left foot like a magic wand" - Big Fat Ron, circa
1993.