Sinister: Can't think of a bloomin' subject

Robin Stout robin.stout at xxx.com
Thu Sep 9 12:44:49 BST 1999

England were good last night, weren't they? We gave up watching half way
through and saw a programme about a crazy Australian bloke with a fat arse
being chased by Komodo Dragons. "There's blood in the air, I just grazed me
elbow."

talking of jokes, here's another;

    Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker are having a duel with light-sabres.

    voom! voom! ooh that was a close one! voom! ching! ooh, blimey!

    Then suddenly, Darth Vader stops, and above the sound of his bellows
powered kidneys says;
    "(ckkksh) Luke, (ckkksh) I know what you're getting for Christmas
(ckkksshhh)"
    Luke looks bemused, then carries on fighting.

    voom! voom! voom!

    Then Darth Vader stops again.
    "Luke" he says again, "I know what you're getting for Christmas"
    "What do you mean?" says Luke "How do you know what I'm getting for
Christmas?"
    "Luke" he says "I felt your presence"

ha ha ha. Do you see? Presence sounds just like presents. he he he. oh.

    It's a shame about ATPs, but I suppose I'm lucky I didn't buy a train
ticket or anything. I think a party in London's a great idea, though. I
always thought it was pushing it a bit, having two Bowlies in a year. I
think the second was just trying to make some more money after the success
of the first, so in a way it's good that it's not on (look on the bright
side, eh?). So long as there's one next year. Does anyone remember Struan
saying once how he'd tried to organise a concert on a boat, that would stop
off at different places, but no-one was prepared to do it? I liked the idea
of that.

lol p said:

    "Has anyone noticed that Stuart sings 'seven years'
of river walkways etc. on 'A Summer Wasting' rather than 'seven weeks' like
it says in the lyrics? Surely deliberate?"

    Yes, I thought that too. I reckon a lot of the mistakes that he sings
aren't really mistakes at all. Hmmm...

bye for now
                        Robin "Mack Daddy" Stout