Sinister: i rode my bicycle past your window last night..

ian ian at xxx.uk
Thu Sep 9 13:07:29 BST 1999

well, its been a funny old morning.  i get up, ring in sick at work, and
discover, to my astonishment, two great big parcels on my front doorstep.

the first, apparently, is from the planet shakemdown.  there is nothing
inside it, except a small piece of paper bearing the message "you must
die"... well, i would have thought that was obvious, eventually, so i threw
it away.
the second is a big bunch of flowers.  carnations.  not really my thang, but
they'll do.  there was a card with them, bearing the message "love and
kisses, hughie g".  i presume it stands for hugh grant and not hughie green.
i do wish he'd leave me alone.  i've had to switch off my
answering machine because he keeps filling up the tape with panting noises.
however did liz hurley put up with all this?

anyway, i've arranged to meet him tonight and put him straight.  i'll let
you know how it goes.

onto other things:

kristie suprised the pants off me: (not that i was wearing any)

And i love Melanie, she has such a cool way of singing and is highly
>under rated. well, ok,  just thought i'd ask.

this would be THE melanie?  melanie safka?  cool singsonging sister of the
late 60s/early 70s, still going now but in a rather more low key way?
another fan?  wow!
there's a melanie list out there if you're interested kristie.  i just
offsubbed because they keep arguing about the bombardment of belgrade.  not
very melanie, really.

the woman was a goddess, and did twee many years before young isobel
campbell even twinkled in the eye of the milkman.

i'm off to catch some rays.  or perhaps some peters, or stevens, or pauls.
whatever's coming, really.

ian