Sinister: Warning! (... danger, will robinson...)

Jeanette jeanette at xxx.com
Thu Sep 9 10:08:57 BST 1999

The non-pants wearing Ian said:
<<i'm off to catch some rays.>>

Oh! Do be careful of those rays! According to a press release received
at our office, the earth will be pounded by "intragalactic raybeams"
today. The public is advised not to look directly at the sun.
The organization sending the press release was selling special visors
for the low, low price of $9.99, to help protect people from the
devastating effects of the "raybeams." Unfortunately, my employer
declined the request that he purchase them for all of us in the
newsroom. It's obvious this company does not care about the safety and
well-being of its employees.
That's okay. Several of us have opted to wear our own specially-designed
tin foil hats/visors today.
I don't think the boss is terribly amused.

I do love my job.

We used to get letters from God on a fairly regular basis, mostly
damning people in the media for not heeding his words. Haven't heard
from him lately. Guess he's too busy to write. Or the medication is
making him a little less vengeful these days.
I was always a bit skeptical of those letters, anyway. They were
postmarked somewhere in New Jersey.

I have a question about this end-of-the-world stuff. If The End is
today, what time will it be? Does it have to be 9-9-99 in all parts of
the world at the same time? And isn't it already tomorrow in some
places? Or still yesterday?

Back to work...

Jeanette