Sinister: hello there

Josh Baze jbaze at xxx.com
Thu Sep 9 17:44:46 BST 1999

hello all-
apparently, i've been weened and am free from the nursery to greet and gum
you all.  my name is josh and i am 24. i live in kansas city, mo, usa where
i work for an ad agency.  besides being fond of belle and sebastian, i am
also a hopeless missionary for grant lee buffalo, gene, the smiths, the the,
jeff buckley, and maybe ben harper, i haven't made up my mind yet.

being one of maybe two dozen belle and sebastian fans in KC, most of whom I
am already friends with, I would love to hear from other belle and sebastian
fans in the midwest usa.  anyone there?  i would also encourage any
globetrotting sinistereens to check out the midwest and central kansas in
particular.  i've done my share of travelling and the flint hills of kansas
are among the most beautiful places i've ever seen.

i'd also love to trade mixed tapes with anyone who's interested.  i'm
especially interested in getting into some lesser known UK pop bands-
they're too expensive to check out here.  any takers?  i guarantee you'll be
satisfied with my tape, if you want one...something for everyone...

REQUISITE B&S REFERENCE:  On American National Public Radio, there is a show
called "Marketplace," which is basically a show about money, stocks and
bonds, etc.  A couple of weeks a go I caught them playing about 45 seconds
of "Looper" while they read the numbers.  I'm sure many a day trader were
confused by the words "Bunch of Loopers!"  I know i was.

anyone trying to track down 12" vinyl for B&S, there's a great record store
near here that has it all, in big quantities, if you'd like to mail order
it, i could pass along their relevant information.

nice to "meet" you, all be it in 2-D. I'll submit a picture to "honey" to
post for anyone whose interested. Hope to hear from you all.  And thanks for
the curious daily email distractions- keep em coming!

happy to be a part of this-

Josh