Sinister: *insert something witty here*

Laura Llew lleweth at xxx.com
Fri Sep 10 04:32:50 BST 1999

Honey, I'm home.

Yesterday morning I awoke in California but went to bed in Carolina. The
wonders of modern day travel. Maybe I should become a stewardess. I can see
it now,  "Welcome aboard Frontier Airlines. Flight 436 from San Francisco to
Denver.  To operate your seatbelt, insert the metal tab into the buckle, and
pull tight. It works just like every other
seatbelt, and if you don't know how to operate one, you probably
shouldn't be out in public unsupervised.  In the event of a sudden
loss of cabin pressure, oxygen masks will descend from the ceiling.
Stop screaming, grab the mask,and pull it over your face.  If you have
a small child traveling with you, secure your mask before assisting
with theirs.  If you are traveling with two small children, decide now
which one you love more."

Ahh, well maybe not. I did spend most of the day in a plane or at the
airport. Everyone knows that airports are some of the best place to people
watch (a favorite passtime of mine). On both of my flights, there were girls
my age with infectious smiles. They would rush right off the plane, out of
the gate, and into some loved one's arms. It kind of made me a bit jealous
as I walked sullenly back with the other travellers with no one to greet
them. I started singing the Beatle's "All the Lonely People" (it was them
singing in my mind not Joan Baez rendition of the song). But it was entirely
sad because my family was waiting for me at the baggage claim. *YaY*  So, I
spent a lovely 3 hours with them in the van ride home from Atlanta. Oh its
so good to be home. Plus, a representative is needed from NC on this list
since the last 2 vagabonds were seduced by the lure of money and hightailed
it to DC. Didn't JFk say something to the effect that DC is a town with
southern efficiency and northern hospitality? Can anyone there verify this
statement?

I do think that I'd rather drive cross country than fly though. And it would
have taken me through the recently released from the nursery ward Josh
Baze's Kansas City. I had never heard any part of the midwest called one of
the "most beautiful places." In fact, I was with one of my friends a while
back and we were looking at a beautiful view over a city. He said, "Just
goes to show that there is beauty everywhere. Well, except for the midwest."
Hey don't look at me that way, Josh. I didn't say it.

I am oh so happy that the art girl is back - and more bitter than ever. I
too was beginning to have post withdrawals but now I'm happy to know that
she's wreaking havoc on her bike somewhere in Arizona. As they say, "Hell
hath no fury as that of a scorned woman." Well, last time I was in Arizona
it was hotter than hell so maybe its the place for you to be, LJ.

Ok, I'll stop saying not nice things about other people's home. Bad me. Bad
me. This is the earth. And this is Laura. You can tell the difference quite
easily. One is a lump of inert matter hurtling blindly through the void. The
other is - the earth.

Oh! Today I listened to all of Tigermilk for the first time today (thanks to
my imaginary friend Eric). To think of what I had been missin'! I LOVE it!
Especially the second and third song - though I don't know the names of the
song yet. Yay - I adore new music.

Ok, enough rambling. Down to the whole reason I am writing this post anyway
- The Crush List (doesn't it sound like we're in the mafia or something. To
the mattresses!). Is there a set of rules somewhere that I missed? I figure
that I'm not suppose to vote for a person more than once (well unless I just
find them irrestibly charming and cute than I just lose self control. sorry)
but is it 'bad' to vote for more than one person? I mean, hello, look at all
the great people we have on this list - no one can just like just one! Can
sell my crush vote? Should I make a cardboard sign reading, "Will vote for
music"? I had some other questions but now I can't think of them. Oh well.
What a lousy post. Sorry.

*quickly regaining her accent*

Laura

'meeting all of your Laura Llew needs since 1977'