Sinister: a young boy puts a feather into his mouth

James Gilmer grey7 at xxx.net
Fri Sep 10 19:12:45 BST 1999

    The subject line comes by way of Vurt, perhaps the best novel of one of
my favorite writers, Jeff Noon. Read it if you fancy odd little books about
love, drugs, reality, sex, unreality, incest, and music. *sigh* Only two
weeks into the new college semester and I'm already tired of it. Skipped a
few days to go on a nice little road trip to Chicago, only to find my
internet server had fouled up and all my emails from the last week or so
were gone, lost into whatever void all those lost electronic bites go to. So
now I know why five of my friends are angry at me for not returning
messages.
I must agree with several of my fellow american sinisters, we are a bit
jealous of all you across the pond and your get togethers.
    I do feel I must apologize to all the Sinisters in the UK, after waking
from a distressing slumber of odd dreams I turn on the television to find
Jerry Springer was having a special Jerry Springer UK show. Yes, our Jerry
was hosting a special show from London. You give us the Beatles, the Stones,
Belle & Sebastian, Shakespeare, John Keats, and all those wonders of english
culture...and we give you Jerry Springer. Sorry about that, us poor
colonials have yet to find culture.
    So I was feeling rather in the blue as I prepared to drive up to classes
and face the wrath of professors wondering why I had missed half a week of
their precious classes when what should come on the radio? "I spent the
summer wasting" that's what. Thanks go out to whatever kind soul requested
it from the college radio station. Well, after having a good sing along with
that I popped in TBWTAS tape I managed to find laying about under my seat.
You know I'm not much for dancing but TBWTAS always gets me moving. Played
it at a party once and everyone went wild, much dancing and twirling about
and I danced to it with a lovely young lady whose name escapes me.
    I must agree with Anna J, when you're bored cut your hair(course I
suppose this is because I fancy girls with short hair), and to Alasdair:
dreadful joke, but I must admit it made me laugh as well. Looking at the
clock on the wall I see I must trudge out to work, hope all you sinister
people are having more fun than me tonight!-Jim

a young boy takes a feather out of his mouth