Sinister: something about debuts

spencer lloyd sloyd at xxx.au
Sat Sep 11 00:56:09 BST 1999

So my nursery time is over, and I am able to enter the Kingdom of Sinister,
the path strewn with lurking corpses(corpses are dead, what time do they
have for writing emails to silly mailing lists!) sorry bad metaphor.

I am redfaced to admit that I am new to the world of B+S; just a few short
deliriously heavenly months. But what I lack in experience I make up for in
passion(urgh I think I said that to my first boi lover!) I am not however
redfaced to admit that I madly in love with the band, which i assume is a
common occurrence around this way. Just as in any normal infatuation they
are all that I think about. the first thought that drops on me from my
slumber is B+S. Like the sweaty underarm pong, or sweet perfume of a lover
I can almost smell them. Ok so maybe they are merely a surrogate for a
real, living breathing touching snogging friend, but godammit this feels
like the real thing I just know it! Nobody has ever made me cry such
beautiful tears like they do. Nobody has made me feel such orgasmic
pleasure as they (figuratively speaking of course). Nobody has danced with
me as they. Ok there was that one girlie who would come and visit me
occasionally and we would waltz together in a grand Indian ballroom, but
strictly speaking she wasn't real, more of a hallucination, or clinically
speaking: a psychotic episode manifested by my intense fear of being alone.
I am wandering here aren't I? or perhaps my wandering is more revealing,
the point of the exercise being... anyways

My claim to fame is? I once had a conversation at a party with Karl Smith,
singer/songwriter from the occasionally mentioned fantabulous Perth(my home
town, that is Perth Australia) band Sodastream. Although this was when he
was in the infinitely much more melodious Thermos Cardy. Anyway we spoke
about the sad demise of a fanzine called Pigmeat that a friend of my
Brother's use to produce. We drank the same beer, we had the same gawky
expression on our face.
Ok so its not much, but its such a small isolated place and I have so
little to work with.

Anyways that is me introduced. Will write soon children.
Bi Bi

Blessed Be
spencer lloyd