Sinister: Paralell lines on a slow decline...Tractor Rape Chain!

Walkn10 at xxx.com Walkn10 at xxx.com
Sat Sep 11 17:48:04 BST 1999

I went to see Guided by Voices and Cheap Trick last night and it was amazing!
 Mind you I went to see GBV (is Under the Bushes, Under the Stars not the
best pop record of the decade?) so Cheap Trick didn't do too much for me,
although they really put on the arena rock moves.  GBV, however, blew my
mind.  Rober Pollard got so trashed that he must have thought he was Roger
Daltry for a few hours 'cause he kept swinging his microphone all about and
doing karate kicks higher than his head (keep in mind he's 45-years-old,
overweight, and an alchoholic).  They played alot of stuff from their new
record that was pretty great, but when they blasted into their older numbers
it was so good people had tears in their eyes.  I was just in amazement at
how much alchohol the man could put back: he almost killed a six-pack and a
half during their set alone!  When Cheap Trick played Southern Girls, Bob
decided to stagger back out and lend his voice to the proceedings,
accompanied by a fifth of Jack of course.  He has to be the best frontman
ever.  Rober Plant...eat it.
All in all its probably the best rock show I've ever been to, so if you have
the chance to see the GBV/CT show PLEASE take advantage of it...you will not
regret it!
Genevieve you are dead foxy, record store boy should pay for his ignorance.
I like the "knee to the nuts" plan of action...
The Club Is Open...

Steve C.