Sinister: Belle Cafe

ZvoRunA zvoruna at xxx.com
Mon Sep 13 15:19:24 BST 1999

in new york city last week we stumbled upon this little cafe in the lower
east side called Kate's Joint (i think) which is sort of on the corner of B
ave and 4th street (an easy address to remember- B4) ..

its not exactly on the corner but its beside this other place called Kate's
Place or something so don't get confused.. but anyway it was the most
perfect little cafe- all vegan/vegetarian ... i had vegan banana walnut
pancakes and my girlfriend had my coffee and an unturkey sandwich.

what made it most perfect was that for the full hour and half we were there
(we didn't want to leave!!) they were playing Belle and Sebastian.. so here
is a little plug for Kate's Joint (i think) who made my sunday morning the
best one i have had in a long time...

are the B and S people vegetarian? all the fans i know personally are..
Scotland is such a great place to be veg.. i remember Edinburgh being
heaven in those terms (and many others) ...and B&S have that little Fox
shirt with the anti-hunting slogan thing.. who are the Clydeside Hunt
Saboteurs?

gone gone gone i've been gone so long.
i'm home.
love z-