Sinister: with a flick to the left and a step to the right......

A. Memon memon at xxx.com
Mon Sep 13 20:39:43 BST 1999

oh! oh!

i was quite happy to sit there lurking like Jan Imgrund who said "i am one of those lurking who "only post when i have something to say" " (and I got mentioned in that same email by Claire only cos I'm an "A" and I'd be needed to make up one of the 5 "A's" in bAnAnArAmA......which is cool, cos i honestly can say I'm influenced by them - but where? where? there! there! Could I be one "A" of A-ha next time Claire - if it All Tomorrow's Parties is moved to March - hopefully round the time of my birthday and the Ides of March, yeah, I could see it now....getting trampled to death whilst watching er, Smog or someone so quiet getting trampled to death would be a hilarious way to die)...erm, sorry I got sidetracked there......when I purchanced upon this email....well, I just clicked it open right..... It was from The Narrow Wizard who said this:

"Naomi Yang of Damon and Naomi (formerly of galaxie 500) let me kiss her on the cheek after a gig the other week...I was very happy!!!"

now i bet that made him feel like one of those high noted basslines she's so good at! Where was this Narrow? In Scotland? I'm guessing. I wanted to see Damon & Naomi and Luna and Terrastock but I held back because I knew I'd be seeing loads of bands at "Absolutely Takingthe Piss" (copywrite Kittencore Katie) but that @:?*&^$!  fell thru and look where I am now....wondering how to get Bowlie-cised with my fellow chalet mates without Yo La Tengo in the near vicinity.

BTW, if anyone saw Yo La Tengo at the Matador night the other day, that last song they did "Love Power" came from Mel Brooks' The Producers which was on BBC2 over the weekend and is a great film.

And it was at the Matador night that I cursed All Tomorrows Parties by nicking a lavishly-colour-photocopied A6 poster which resulted in 100 chalets not being filled. It's all my fault! Sorry. Foward all hate mail to me. Thanks. I'll personally reply to each one with random insults, profanities, and dirty website addresses. Don't worry, the dirty websites are free, but if you pay me I can get some good pics of erm, Sarah Michelle Gellar (!) in the nuddy *wink wink* And likewise I'll swap those pics for any nice Katie Holmes pics.

Yours sincerely,

Amos

PS
I got 15 questions right in University Challenge tonight. (for people not familiar - its an inter-university quiz show, and what a thrilling match we had today where Newcastle just pipped Warwick in a tiebreak by knowing the correct type of bear to wander around some part of america. I got my most points by recognising ALL of Mike Post's themes...The A-Team, Magnum P.I., LA Law and the Rockford Files.)