Sinister:I rob the exploiters and give to the hot

Helen pixiemeat2 at xxx.com
Tue Sep 14 04:30:40 BST 1999

How ironic that I am finally given a voice on the mailing list the day I
lose mine in real life, due to a terrible illness that makes me feel like my
head will soon blow up.
Oh yes, I am new to the list and mightily excited at the prospect of it.

ME & B&S
I like to play B&S in my workplace, on the off chance that someone will come
in and recognize them and I shall have found a new friend in my city.
Actually I have only had one person comment about the music.
Scene: Icecream shop with just me working
I answer politely to her order of waffles and say in my best shopgirl voice-
"would that be take-away?"
The lady answers "well, it will be if you don't turn the music down"

I reel back in horror, mouth open, and reply: "Right, take away it is!"

Actually that last part is a lie. Its what I would have said if I had
thought of it and been a little more agressive, I was more shocked by the
fact that someone could openly detest B&S, I mean I have friends who are
indifferent (Oh! they will be converted yet) but no one can despise them,
can they?
In reality I stepped back, turned it down a touch, then gave her the order
and promptly turned the music back up.I also made sure that everything I
gave her was burnt and small. I mean I can accept that others don't like
some of my music, but to openly be rude about it in a shop when I'm there
for 6 or 7 hours and she's there for all of 10 minutes was just too much to
take.
Well whats the etiquette on that?

So the moral of this story is that if you're ever walking past an icecream
shop with B&S playing then stop and go on in and say something like "Hello
Helen" and I shall give you wondrous amounts of icecream for free (screw my
employer he's a bastard)Actually my sole purpose for working there is to
give away as much stuff as possible. Kind of like a icecream robin hood.
I can also make these claims with the knowledge that the chances of any of
you walking past my shop in Perth ( of the Australian variety) are rather
small. Oh but there was one post the other day from spencer. Wow there's two
of us in Perth! Stranger things have happened... like that horse becoming
Pope :)

Sorry about the length but I feel totally justified in having a big rant as
this is my first post.

Bye
Helen