Sinister: Run, rabbit, run!

Alder, Lucy lucy.alder at xxx.uk
Tue Sep 14 12:52:08 BST 1999

Shit!  I missed University Challenge last night - I didn't even know it was
on.  I was busy polishing my shoes (am I the only person in the world who
still bothers with this thankless task?).  I am now in the depths of
despair.  My superiority in terms of correct answers is yet to be beat,
except by my Dad (who is a Brain), but it's the start of the season and I
need a bit of practice.  The only ones I can't get are sciencey and mathsy,
but I still take pot-shot guesses and get the odd one right.  My best score
so far is 31 in a single programme - I hereby lay down the gauntlet to
anyone who reckons they can top that.

Talking of laying down the gauntlet, il signor Casarotto threatened violence
against anyone who spake of the ingredients in black pudding.  BLOOD AND
GUTS - come and have a go, if you think you're hard enough!

My my, I'm quite the pugilist today.  Must be the fact that I HATE, HATE,
HATE my job, but they've just gone and offered me permanent work with the
company.  I'm thinking of selling my soul - I reckon I could wangle a fair
bit of cash out of them - but is it worth the stress, long hours and loss of
the career path I so eagerly mapped out for myself when I left Uni last
year?

While idly browsing through the crush list, I notice somebody has voted for
me.  Oh, poor misguided creature, you!  You obviously have never met me in
the flesh.

I can't wait for all the exciting things happening in London at the weekend.
It's very good timing, as my dear friend Mo is coming across from Italy to
go to Leeds Uni for the year, but she's coming to London on Thursday to
visit me before heading north.  I'll try to find another shop selling
fortune cookies before the picnic.  In fact, I was thinking of bringing
along only food with messages on - are Love Hearts a bit too girlie and
cute?  Actually, I can't think of any other message food that would be
suitable for picnics.  Alphabetti Spaghetti is a bit messy.  Cold
Alpha-bites have the texture of cardboard (this is the voice of experience
speaking).  Maybe I could make fairy cakes and ice messages onto the top of
them.  Then I can make them as rude as I like.  As regards alcohol, the only
message is "Don't do it, kids!"  (only joking)

Must go and get some lunch.  There's a place round the corner with rabbit
stew on the specials board - yum yum!

Love and fluffy bunnies

Juicy Lucy

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This communication contains information which is confidential and may also be
are not the intended recipient(s), please note that any distribution, copying
or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited.
by telephone on +44 171 675 5000 and then destroy the email and any copies of
it. This communication is from MCI WorldCom Limited whose registered office is
at 14 Gray's Inn Road, London WC1X 8HN. Registered number 2776038.