Sinister: circus boys

Robin Stout robin.stout at xxx.com
Tue Sep 14 16:39:06 BST 1999

    Someone's mum said I looked like Jeremy Paxman once. "Oooh yes, he's a
lovely boy. Reminded me of that nice bloke off the telly, Jeremy Paxman." I
think this is a compliment in the mind of a middle aged mother. At least I
hope so. Oh dear this isn't doing much for my list crush votes. Someone once
said I look like Colin Firth, though. I think people have very little
imagination when it comes to fellows with curly hair.
    One of my friends, who is incidentally heterosexual, nearly got
gay-bashed the other day when a bunch of Addidas boys ran after him shouting
"Cocker Knocker". Ah, the delightful fauna of suburban Britain. I wonder
what Jarvis would think of becoming a piece of rhyming slang. That's status
for anyone.
    I, like most people, had a dark fear of clowns when I was little,
especially Ronald McDonald. Ronald's looking a little porky nowdays isn't
he? Anyway, Mister Murdoch reminds me of a travelling trapeze artist with
the funny clothes he wears, and that crazy Kids From Fame hat. Trapeze
artists are okay, and that moustachioed man who puts his head in the lion's
mouth. Although someone really ought to stop him, one of these days he could
have a nasty accident.
    Errr...
    Um...

    Bye!