Sinister: Pretty Little Trumpets

Starry sarah at xxx.uk
Tue Sep 14 19:14:24 BST 1999

Dear fellow Belle & Sebastian fans,

Whilst walking home from Lytham today, after failing to get injected
with the meningitis vaccine and failing to get my hair cut also, I
decided to while away the long walk by composing a poem about Stuart
Murdoch. I've forgotten most of it by now of course, but in the course
of the epic ode - Stuart ended up going to Abergevanny to have sex with
a hairy coo (scottish for "cow" of course!), and ended up talking to it
about days of yore - "when lasses were comely and the populace were
poor".

Its best I've forgotten it really isn't it?

Megan I am not in the big city (of Kingston, Surrey) just yet. But I
will be on Saturday. So I might come along to some of that afternoons
festivities. It'll be my first time at Tigerwanking. I'm only going to
hear Kevan play 'Agent Double-O-Soul', of course.

Oh, and also, I think Black Box Recorder are the stinkiest pieces of
purple bird poo on the clean glass window of Pop since flipping TRAVIS
thought "hey guys, lets have a JAM SESSION!"!

I hate The Jam too. Sorry. NO I AM NOT SORRY. They're shit. Ha!

About Pedro Juan Gutierrez, Peter Disco, I am thinking of buying his
NOVEL, called "King of Havana". If it is a euphemism for his willy, it
would be good too. Like "Mr Big" is obviously all about willies too. I'd
try and be clever and read Gutierrez in Spanish, but testing my Spanish
skills today, I realised I don't know the Spanish for "dick", or "nob",
or "smut". I am useless.

I did buy a BBC Teach Yourself Italian 33rpm record though. Its got some
people who look rather hip on the front. I'm going to put the record
sleeve up on my wall.

Erica - I would VOTE MACCAURTHUR (or however your name is spelt), except
that I refused to have any dealings with NUS/student representatives
after they fucked us all over last year.  But if you DO organise a
breakdancing contest, you got me. But don't ban Firkin pubs. You can get
a pint of horrific Dogbolter ale (as was previously mentioned I think)
for about 83p. Its shit. But tolerable. And I am ever so poor.

Ah Lesley Jo my good pal. You just wait till you see Diane from
trainspotting in the "remarkable anti-perspirant" advert for...some
deoderant I've forgotten the name of. Its strong. Like a woman! Like one
of those huge weightlifting girlies.

And hey! You've lost your Gentle Waves tape! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I know
its hard...but you're better off without it. I will send you a tune by
Kahimi Karie which I have been whistling all day instead. It is much
better. Mail me if you want it. "Better than Broccoli", says the St
Annes Evening Gazette.
living and largin' (it)
Sarah
xx

Matthew I am sorry I made the Throw Isobel Off the Bridge joke when you had made
it before. I only just remembered to give you my heartfelt apologies.