Sinister: Its origin and purpose, still a total mystery....

Laura Llew lleweth at xxx.com
Tue Sep 14 23:51:21 BST 1999

Greetings from the beautiful south (the place not the group)! Its been a
weak since I've been home and its quite lovely here. Though, I am quite
disheartened that I was not able to meet any sinisterines while I was in
Utah and N. Cali. Angelic Alyssa Marie, Dreamy Dan Hooper, and Thrillin Tom
Y. all seem to be quite charming in their own little way. Why Dan even plays
the mandolin. I've never heard the mandolin (or the lute for that matter).
Oh, but today I had an afternoon full of the fiddle. Ahh Mark O'Connor  Jean
Luc Ponty, Stephane Grappelli, Benny Thomasson and Charlie Daniels. It was
marvelous! Oh, how I do love stringed instruments.

Well, enough rambling. I'm trying a new thing out with my posts. That is to
*drum roll please*.... actually, having a purpose in them. Yes, I do have a
reason for posting. Don't everyone fall over from shock all at once now.
Good thing you're already sitting down. But I have a favor to ask of y'all.
And its a lot easier than the last favor asked of you all to sacrifice your
first born. Boy, was that a bloody mess! This one is simple.

Since being home, I haven't been up to much. Well, except for taking care of
my father who just had his leg amputated. Other than being gopher girl for a
few weeks, I have my time to myself and its wonderful. I've never been one
for lacking to find something to do that amuses me. So, there is no way I'm
bored at all. One of the things that I'm estatic to have time to do is to
read. Oh how I love books! But there are so many to choose from. So, I was
wondering if each of you (yes you right there) could e-mail me (personally.
oh honey would have my hide if you mailed the list. Far be it from me to do
anything that would make honey sneer at yours truly) with the title and
author of your favorite book(s). You can send just the name or you can even
tell me a little about it. Whatever. Its just that I know (or hope) that
everyone has had that experience of reading a book that has really touched
them, filled them with joy, or inspired them to higher levels (like doing
your laundry). Something that you have read that you think everyone should
be exposed to. I, personally, like to read everything. Though, I do prefer
classics over John Grisham recycled plots with the static elements of a
young lawyer and the city of Memphis. Picky of me, I know. I'll compile the
list of books and then have a great selection to choose from. And of course,
I'll be happy to share the end product with any other listerines. I figure
that since you all have such wonderful taste in music it must overflow in
your reading material as well. So e-mail me and I'll keep everyone up to
date on the progress of the Laura Llew Literary List of 99. It'll be great
fun.

Also, is there anyone in the south besides Bashful Blake on the list. In
October, I'll be a roadtrip maniac going to Greensboro, NC the first
weekend, Northeastern Virginia the second weekend, and Columbia SC the third
one. I don't know how plausible it is for any meetups but still it would be
good to know other people who are in this area. Anything is possible - just
not mathematically probable.

*quite proud of myself for writing a purposeful, even if it does have
horrific grammar, post*

Laura

'filling all of your Laura Llew needs since 1977'