Sinister: Re: sinister-digest V3 #309

Nicola Goodchild nicxxx at xxx.com
Thu Sep 16 13:10:54 BST 1999

>Errr..."Boneboy" wrote about the Make Up.  I was listening to them
>only yesterday, and they really are the toppermost of the poppermost.
>I wonder when they'll be coming to the shores of Blighty, Manchester
>specifically.

Ee Eeeeeeee, theyre playing in November, I was talking to thingy-whatser
name at teh Water Rats at Marine Researcha nd instead of buying the Marine
Research album  I got the double CD instead and then ran all the way to the
bank and back to get an extra two quid to swap it for the vinyl one, saddo
that I am, but its more beautiful and its smooth and mmmmmm... Anyway, they
have a new album out in the autumn and theyre playing the Water vRats bin
November. Don't know about Manchester tho'...

Manchester's crap these days.  Bands don't play no
>more, too much fighting on the dancefloor.

Ha! I came from Cleethorpes! And spent three years ion Leeds, but my
sleeping bag woree out from staying over at the Duchess too many times so I
emigrated to London. And Im not bloody moving.

  You see the tour dates and
>they all go to Leeds instead.  Just because they've got a bloody
>Harvey Nicks in Leeds.

Nooooo1 See above. Actually I did think it was the centre of the universe at
the time, but I was still in my own nursery at that point really...

>and I read it as
>"The bands just don't have the hard-on obsessive following that Belle
>&>Sebastian has"
>
>and I laughed.

Oooooh. I read exactly the same thing. But I didnt laugh., I just thought I
was a pervert:-(

>What I guess I'm trying to say is, are there any other picnic newbies
>out>there who want to meet up for a pre-picnic drink to build up some
>Dutch>courage and to discuss important issues such as;

Im a picnic newbie:-( I keep talking but nobody ever talks back to me:-( I
don't stop though, I just keep wittering away in the background, like one if
those troppety old men who sit and talk to the air on the bus.

Nicx