Sinister: causes for celebration

Ian McKinney the_gibber at xxx.com
Thu Sep 16 16:05:22 BST 1999

Hello folks,

Guess what? Go on, guess! I got a vote on the list crush site! This is the
biggest boost to my self-esteem since I won a spelling contest at the age of
six! Whoever you are, thank you.

The power of B&S is spreading. After weeks of relentlessly forcing my
beloved yet suede-obsessed companion to listen to all their recorded output
over and over again, she has finally been bitten by the bug - now she's
borrowed my Lazy Jane and Modern Rock Song cds and won't give them back...

Has anybody ever heard B&S played at a disco/bar/nItEcLuB? If they were what
would be the easiest song to dance to? You see, the chap who plays records
at the Fab night every second thursday at the Limelight is very willing to
play whatever you ask him to (he even played White Rabbit by Jefferson
Airplane for me last time - even though it cleared the dancefloor) and he
will even play cds that you bring to him yourself. I was thinking it would
be a blast to hear B&S played there so I was trying to decide what would be
the best song to ask him to play. I was thinking Summer Wasting or LLP Jane.
Any other suggestions?

Aaaah, only eleven days till I return to the big city and my studies. I'm
never staying at home for the summer again.

Yours happily,
Ian (aka gib)