Sinister: You Can Leave, But It's Going To Cost You

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Thu Sep 16 17:46:18 BST 1999

Not only can you pre-order Stuart David's book from Amazon.co.uk,
there's also a bit of a write-up about it from the publishers.
Apparently Stuart David's a "socially disjointed character" with
"mental shackles" who wants nothing more than to "lead a normal life"
and meet "Paul the Deacon". Well, that's what I understood anyway.
There's also an opportunity for readers to comment on the book without
ever having read it. I think we should all give him a bit of a leg-up,
Brits style, and make it the most reviewed unpublished book ever. Can
somebody at the BBC ( there must be somebody) start campaigning for it
to be on "Jackanory"? Preferably with the bloke who used to read the
"Littlenose" books doing it. All this talk about the gorgeousness of
Scottish accents and no one ever mentions that bloke. Just the sound
of his voice used to make me "cream my jeans".

Fluffy wrote:

About Pedro Juan Gutierrez, Peter Disco, I am thinking of buying his
NOVEL, called "King of Havana". If it is a euphemism for his willy, it
would be good too. Like "Mr Big" is obviously all about willies too.
I'd
try and be clever and read Gutierrez in Spanish, but testing my
Spanish
skills today, I realised I don't know the Spanish for "dick", or
"nob",
or "smut".

I've got it now, it's not about his nob, it's about somebody called
Reynardo or something, hence "Rey". But it looks quite rude anyway.
It's quite difficult to read, because it's all in colloquialish. In
fact, in the story featured in the last issue of Trousercuts "the
magazine for free-thinking individuals" there was a sentence that I
didn't understand at all. So I made it up. Which gives me an idea. To
mark the launch of Trousercuts "better than shagging" issue 3, we
could have a competition. All you have to do to stand a chance of
winning a fabulous prize that doesn't cost much to post, is look
through the story in issue 2 and find the completley made-up sentence.
Sister Disco's decision is final. I expect this to be even less
popular than Calumn Shearer's poster competition, way back in the days
when Belle and Sebastian released records.

I quite like Sting. For me, he epitomises the new breed of ethical pop
twat.

love from,

Sister Disco