Sinister: ....she won't forsake me - I'm eating bagels in bed.....

Pete Ramsdale peter.ramsdale at xxx.com
Fri Sep 17 13:40:27 BST 1999

Oy oy saveloy.....

The "Christopher Timothy Experience" (and there's a name for a band if
ever I heard one) continues, don't you know. I was late for the train
this morning, through ignorance, weakness, or my own deliberate fault,
so had to catch one that I don't normally get. Anyway, I sit down on
the platform, do a roll-up (which was part of the curriculum in our
school for B.A.G.A. level 3 gymnastics), and happen to glance at the
bloke sitting next to me. Yes, you've guessed it - it was the one, the
only, Mr. James Herriot again. I thought for a short while of trying
to apologise for my previously drunken behaviour at the Saint Trinians
night, but I didn't, for one reason. Have you any idea how hard it is
to keep a straight face when you're sitting next to someone who:

a) is dead, dead, famous
b) met you last when you had "SLUT" written in lipstick on your
forehead, and
c) has been seen by Ian having rampant anal sex with an Orang-utan??

Well?? Have you?? Hmmmm. Thought not. It's bloody hard, let me assure
you. So, not wanting to make even more of a tit of myself than I
undoubtedly already have to this particular celebrity geezer, I hauled
my convulsively giggling self into the other side of the carriage and
kept well away. Probably best, I reckon.

On the Jysaw-Dave-raised question of indie-cool, I tend to think that
doing things just because they're "cool" is just a bit pointless,
really. Pointless because "cool", like most other things in life
(thank-you Mr. Einstein) depends entirely on frame-of-reference, on
perception. As my mum used to say, "One man's meat is another man's
mustard", which, even though it is one of the worlds most tenuous
analogies, does have some truth to it. What you think is "cool" may
get you universally laughed at by other groups in society. So why
bother? Do what *YOU* want to do. Wear what *YOU* want to wear. Listen
to what *YOU* want to hear. And that's to say at all that you should
only do all that if it happens to be non-conformist. If what you want
to do is completely MOR, but it happens to be your own particular
scene, your style, your movie, then that's great. IMHO, there's
nothing worse than people not being themselves.

Here endeth the lesson.

Anyone not agreeing with the above can send the usual boiled rabbits,
horses heads and packets of excrement to the usual place,
peter.ramsdale at wdr.com.........

Have a good weekends picnicing. I shall be with you in spirit. In that
litre bottle of Famous Grouse at the end of the bar, to be precise.

.....yolevas, yo, yO

lol p xx.
--

 -----------------------------*||*--------------------------------

 "Edgar Malroy said, 'A supermarket trolley that believes in God,'
  and then burst out laughing.
  He laughed like this:

                      Ahhhh-ooo Ahhhh-ooo.

  I told him I wasn't the only one."
                                     Bo Fowler - "Scepticism Inc."

 Pete Ramsdale - Unix Systems Administration, Warburg Dillon Read
 Phone: 0171 568 3836

related financial instruments.