Sinister: Struan, it was...really nothing...

Mark Kolmar mark at xxx.com
Fri Sep 17 22:09:28 BST 1999

Just to inject my mega-mesomorphic, testosterone-hyperdriven opinion.  (If
you ever saw me you'd know this is a joke, if you didn't already.)

On Thu, 16 Sep 1999, Georgine Skeene wrote:

> But don't sigh, my dear, your lot can surely not be any worse than
> mine, at least you were not rejected simply because you lack what i'l
> call for now a "winky".

And not merely because one -is- equipped with a "winky", or has wandered
the earth a while longer.  Apparently those are considered quite
acceptable reasons to pile scorn and derision on a person.  Even if he
were more conventionally feminine and baby-faced than you.

> speaking of winkies, last night i was at the big ole dyke fest we call
> a womens group, we met at a coffee place and during the discussion
> this huge steaming winky of a guy came up and began counting us on his
> fingers, someone asked why he was counting us, he said something to
> the effect of whenever that many women were together, we must be some
> kind of feminist group or soemthing [...]

> at the wimmens group [...]

Sorry to say, but sounds like he came to the correct conclusion, albeit
from an incorrect premise.  Just be glad there weren't 21 of you. :-)

> we decided he was just intimidated by our ferocious convergence of
> female energy, and he was in deathly fear for his precious winky.
> Asshole.

Unless we figure out a better way to reproduce than the rather unsanitary
method that's been fashionable for...oh, the last few million years --
we'll need to keep the winkies.

I think it was Norman Mailer who said that extreme, radical feminism is
actually a bit more insidious than patriarchy, because it could
(theoretically) be taken to a logical conclusion.  Though I rather doubt
that women would ever mess things up that badly.

To the woman I offended with the word "zaftig" (German "saftig", juicy),
last year, when we were trying unsuccessfully to figure out if we'd seen
each other at the show. Is "avec beaucoup de monde au balcon" any better?
Wear them proudly in either case. I wasn't going to say it in plain
English. on the other hand, she said planly that she hates thin guys.
That's good, ol'-fashion' human decency for ya, eh? :-)

--Mark
Artist, Thinker, Cynic, and Winky-Wearing Asshole

__ Burning Rome : SENSELESS CD on Mindfield Records MindCD03 Cathartium 14
   < http://www.burningrome.com/ > < download MP3s, hear RealAudio first >