Sinister: since you went away it's been night time all day...

Blake E. Hamilton hamibe02 at xxx.edu
Sat Sep 18 00:52:29 BST 1999

well,

i'd like to say helloooooooo to everyone out there who is home right now on
this friday evening.  of course, it's only 7:45 er so right now, but all
those UKers are dancing like the brackish fire gods that they are.  happy
wooooooooooing!

i checked out douglas coupland's 'generation x' today from the z. reynolds
smith library, here on campus.  jygsaw dave told me to go read 'girlfriend
in a coma', but alas, the Z didn't have said book.  it's quite good.  i
actually like the color pink.  it's got that lazy quality to it.  colors can
have feelings too, you know.

the hideous Floyd passed us by here in lonely North Carolina.  my insatiable
(one) laura llew can attest to such things.  we only got a bit of wind and
rain, but nothing to ruffle any skirts, sadly.  and stephen merritt wrote a
song with north carolina in it!  oh but it's on the new box set, vol. 1.
i'm not sure if i dig the new sound, though.  i like synths.  they sound
like bubblegum.  unwrapped, of course.  laura, we must get together.  how
about the gybe show in winston, and then in chapel hill?  i think young
puzzle-happy dave is interested as well.  we can be the young team, hip,
modern, and southern.  buyah.

all of these b&s side projects, whoa!  can we please have the new album?
anything, please!  i need some new stuart david basslines to learn (laugh
at) and hammond organ power chords to dance like a rabbit to.  that's right,
i just ended a sentence with a preposition.  i'm a scoundrel, a dirty
empirical SLUT.  i felt like lesley jo with that last bit.  sinister
schizophrenia, whoa!!  a while ago i added jessicaxo to my aol instant
messenger list, and then when she came on, i tried to type a few pithy
phrases, and she never answered back.  jessica, honestly, i'll wipe that
little xo right off your screen name.  i'm kidding.  blakie was hurt.  he
cried himself to nap, had sleep for dinner, and wrapped himself in green
knitted curtains that still had a bit of dust on them from the winter of
'73.

i bought two 'random' albums the other day...yo la tengo's 'i can hear the
heart beating as one' and guided by voices 'under the brush under the
stars'.  at least that's what i think it's called.  i'm not really getting
into either, actually.  it's not making me all hot and swarthy.  not like
beer.  not like b&s.  ok, it's obvious i've become neurotic and insipid,
simultaneously.

like i said, it's friday, i'm in my room, and this desk lamp is LAUGHING at
me....wheeeeeeee i'm flying down the slide, it's 1981, and my diaper needs
changing....

love
blake xx
the nerdy shy eyed pacifist