Sinister: Pissing on the provinces

spencer lloyd sloyd at xxx.au
Sat Sep 18 03:10:11 BST 1999

Sigh,
	So once again I am, we (we; being the fair citizens of perth australia),
are the victims of living in a small, out of the way, culturally
unimportant backwater province. Ok so we are not alone, I hear the cries of
the ignored masses in places like Bumfluff, Gwent when Kiss refuse to bring
their 2hour, 3stage lightshow and pigsblood spectacular to their
300capacity community hall, but godammit we deserve to be entertained as
well. Ok so this whining is all too common, tired already are you? So who
has jilted Perth you may or may not ask. Ben Lee. Ok so he was only here
6months ago. But there was a part of me that was hoping that it was just
gonna be him and his cute little acoustic guitar this time. No one wants to
hear your wanky new pseudo-groove direction, no one wants to hear half of
your last album all I want to do is let go of a tear as you begin to strum
and sing "Eight years old I was in love with a girl...". I had the whole
afternoon planned, afternoon yes I was going to the underage show! Who
needs alcohol when you can be intoxicated with the passion of youth(And i
don't mean that in a sexual way you filthy mind). I had my pink Dolly
t-shirt picked out, my Miss Muffet handbag and matching hair clips so that
I would fit in with the indiekids. And Ben was even gonna bring a decent
opening act this time Alex Lloyd, no more of those wankers from Gerling who
only have one catchy song and 10 other sonic regurgitations. Now I will
have to be content with listening to my mogwai cd on the 27th of this month.
	Anyway just a rant that I needed to get out. It probably want make much
sense to anyone outside of Australia.
	Done now.

	Blessed Be
	spencer lloyd