Sinister: It turned into one of the happiest days of my life

James Thorniley jthorniley at xxx.net
Sat Sep 18 11:34:27 BST 1999

I just had to tell you

No, I haven't got a girlfriend. It's better than that:

MY HIFI BROKE

Wait a minute. I'll slow down. From the beginnning

I was just reading through my backlog of sinister posts, when I came to
our beloved lauren's post (I would vote for you if I was allowed to vote
twice) about that nasty boy. That's quite a sweet story, I think.
Anyhow, it made me think, how you get surprises, but if you're careful,
you won't get many. What I'm saying is I don't get many surprises,
because I never give anyone the opportunity. This is because some
surprises are not so nice, but then, some are nice. Lauren was cursed
and blessed with both. I am only telling you this because I think it is
ironic that I should get a surprise just as I was thinking about this.

MY HIFI BROKE, MY HIFI BROKE

I turned the computer off, and went upstairs. I looked at my hifi. The
backlight was on, but there was no information on the display. I pressed
some buttons. Nothing happened. The power button didn't even work. I
thought "fuck". Now my hifi is useless. No amount of bashing will make
it work.

MY HIFI BROKE

You might think this is bad, since I can't listen to any music (not even
B&S). But really it's good, because it forces me to buy a new hi-fi. The
old one was definitely very bad anyway. I might have to wait a bit to
save up enough, but it shouldn't be long. Hurrah.

I'M GETTING A NEW HIFI, I'M GETTING A NEW HIFI

YAY.

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY

There's lot's more I want to tell you but that can wait for another
post.

I'M GETTING A NEW HIFI.

Please forgive me, I have to go and jump up and down a bit.

--
James Thorniley