Sinister: my, what fun i had at the magnetic fields concert!

Steve Kado steven.kado at xxx.ca
Sat Sep 18 05:08:29 BST 1999

hello, i'm steven in toronto and i am brand-new.  in fact i still give
off that new smell, and there are bits of styrofoam packing stuck to me
here and there, so i am very new.

i went to see the magnetic fields on wednesday, and i admit that i was
shocked at how dustin hoffman-like stephen merrit looked.  He sounds so
lanky and weird looking on the records! Oh well, after seeing him work
his deadpan shtik for an evening i wouldn't have had it anyother way.
my imagined tall, lanky stephen merrit can just go to hell.

Also, just after the MFs had just finished their proper set and were
being clapped back on stage for the customary encore i felt this pushing
at my back.  at first i assumed it was my friend little kevin coming up
front to say hello but when the pressure was constant i knew something
was wrong.  And something _was_ wrong.  when i turned around to see who
could be applying such unwelcome pressure to my back this girl, who was
apperantly using my back for support collapsed to her knees right in
front of me and rested her head on my thigh.  I've often been told i was
a bit on the cute side but never had i triggered such an extreme
response in a member of the opposite sex.  As i helped her up she began
saying something about heat exhaustion and i suggested she lean on the
stage (since the stage probably has a better ability to support her
leaning body then someone like me).  As i was helping her to the stage
she fell over again, this time in a much more fantastic way, flat on her
back into a crowd of people.

the great thing is that i got the whole thing on tape.

i was listening to the CD i made of the concert and you can hear her
fall over and everything, it;s priceless!  my capacity to find the
misery of others humourous is quite shocking sometimes.

oh, and yes... i do like B&S quite a bit.

steven kado