Sinister: What a coincidence!....

Chris_t_opher GBCH at xxx.uk
Sun Sep 19 00:42:10 BST 1999

..although i was kind of expecting this mail (but only in a surreal dream,
mind!).

This is what Leaky (love the name) said:

"Subject: Sinister: Musicians Needed? Please help!

Dear All

As this is my first posting, I hope I am forgiven for a bit of self
promotion. My band (Marwood), are currently looking for a new female
vocalist and other musicians. We're based in Preston, NW England (it's
not that bad, honestly), and have gigged at the Roadhouse in Manchester
a couple of times, The Night & Day Cafe, Camden etc. The songs are
really strong but our current vocalist isn't! In addition to the
lead/rhythm guitars, bass, drums & vocals we'd really love to add some
strings, maybe keyboards/sequencer, brass, well just about any kind of
instrument would be welcome.

As far as influences go it's not just Belle & Sebastian, there's the
Delgados, Smiths, Beatles, Beta Band, Spiritulized plus many more.

So, if you're based in the North West and your interested, please get
in touch.

I promise next time I post it will be much less self indulgent.

Cheers

Leaky

P.S. I am going to see the Beta Band at Manchester Ritz later on this
month, anyone else going?"

RIGHT, firstly i thought "This is my chance to get back with another gigging
band very very very near me!". I live near Blackburn if you're wondering.

Then, i realised youve already got a bass player. DAMN! I could, however
very quickly become a DJ (my brother's big on the Manchester DJ scene btw)
or a keys player if there was a reason to<?>.

LEFT, I saw your list of influences and i thought "God, maybe i wrote this
in a drunken stupor". But then i realised i find it hard to write
Spiritualized in such a stupor! DAMN!

CENTER, and probably most important, i think i've hit the jackpot with the
Ps. I am *planning* on seeing The Beta Band at the Ritz - so long as it
hasnt sold out yet<looks worried>! If you want someone to go with (none of
my friends like then and often call them "SHITE", are yours the same?),
email me @ chorkan at talk21.com .

Thats my lot...
Dont know why this isnt a private email
Dont really care either!.

Chris_t_opher <01254 245406>

Ps. Thanks to New Graduate Rachel for the info on York Uni. I went today an
quite enjoyed myself. Didnt see many ducks and geese so it was a little
disappointing - lol. Didnt get to look at any of those pubs cos i couldnt
find them - we stopped in Thomas' in the centre for a quick drink tho.
Suppose thats about the same quality as all the others then!

The East River Pipe Community -
          Http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/EastRiverPipe
You've got to go  -  its only natural.