Sinister: a blah blah

E. A. Hostetter eahostet at xxx.com
Mon Sep 20 01:53:24 BST 1999

Hi all...I survived three days in Montreal without you...

JOB INTERVIEW
Don't think I'll get le job cuz well, the dork interviewer asked me
"Where do you see yourself relationship-wise in 5 years?" Um, illegal
question?!  Whatever.  Either he was interested or he wanted to know if
I'd show up pregnant next week.  Conclusion? Wouldn't want to work for
him anyway.

NIGHTS OUT/B&S
Went to trendy little Laika on Friday...snappy 50s chic, loud DJing,
stunningly gorgeous clientele "help me!"

I mentioned B&S to my friend V, who of course knew who they
were...though he prefers to listen to John Cage.  He was very removed
about it and said, in French, 'Oh, when I heard the name of the band I
thought 'how ingenious, like the cartoon'" haha, cuz we all got to watch
the cartoon version as children on French TV.

Sat night, unfortunately hit 'Le Drugstore' after a wonderful meal of
beef curry and 'super nouilles dorées'  This bar is the queer equivalent
of Planet Hollywood... *cringes almost screams* :-@

Yeah, chocolate bars and porn mags and cigarettes...all at your
fingertips, not to mention huge ugly neon lights and a Pat Benatar
soundtrack...faaawwwk!

SAT.
Spent all day Saturday at a symposium on how to resolve the question of
art photography vs. documentary photography.  Fascinating for the most
part (had no choice...it was 5 hours long!) Two stuffy French
intellectuals ruined it with their silly bafflegab about 'a call to
arms' and just being plain snotty.

TRAIN
There was a 12 month old little girl on the train who entertained us all
for most of the trip, smiling, laughing, being annoying...sent my
maternal urges skyrocketing....*squirm*

TAPE
Joss sent me a mix tape of Scott Walker and Caetano Veloso...thanks!
Though I shall thank you personally.

Now we can all hum the hommage to the lovely Genevieve (G: I'll be there
for Thanksgiving, I promise!)

Later luvs
ea