Sinister: 10 Roddington Place

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Mon Sep 20 11:36:42 BST 1999

Indie cool? I thought cool was the exclusive preserve of teddy boys.
According to the Star Wars pull-out thing that came with yesterday's
paper, what used to be called a bowlie haircut, as sported by the
soon-to-become-evil Annakin Skywalker, is now a simple haircut for
slaves. Slaves to drink and drugs and gay sex, presumably. I saw a
nice film the other day, a bird talked about wanking for ages and then
later on she was having one of those "orgasms" that you sometimes hear
about, it was a close-up of her ecstatic face as she moaned and mooed
and writhed and wriggled. I thought she was, erm...what was that
expression? Strumming her own furry banjo, that's it...but she wasn't,
she was getting a jolly good seeing to from the bloke upstairs. Later
on you got to see her hairy orchard, which was hairier on one side
than the other. All in all, quite disturbing. You can stuff your Eyes
Wide Shut right up your arse.

This next bit is probably only for Jordi: Migala are supposed to be on
the telly tonight, according to the paper. So are two other groups and
the programme's only 15 minutes long, at about half past one. Should
give the ratings a boost.

Indie - independent. Independent from what? Thought waves? If
independent is a post-punk concept, what did smart arses like before
punk? Why don't people like "townies"? Is it because they're
unemployed and smelly? Or have I got it wrong? I've never heard the
expression before. Are they "neds"? Kappa used to be quite posh.
Athletic Bilbao use it, and you can't get posher than that.

Sister Disco