Sinister: The brutes! The swines!

Erica MacArthur macarthur at xxx.com
Mon Sep 20 22:05:34 BST 1999

Sweetest Poppets,

Hey look peeps, my dad's not putting his name to my filth anymore. Erica
MacArthur, gosh, it seems almost out of place.

The election results came in today, and I lost. Yes, you heard me. It
appears I'm too weird, too controversial, and I wouldn't be approachable to
most people. Oh dear. You know, I try my best to be nice, but if you're the
girl in pink tights, you're the girl in pink tights, and theres always
going to be someone who gets a bit dizzy and confused. Why wear ties, and
glittery scarves and white tights with dolly shoes when you could wear
dirty trainers with jogging pants, with big neon labels on? Why indeed.
Well excuse me for indulging my librian fetish, but surely I'm nice enough
for people to come and say "oi, the common room kitchen is filthy! get it
sorted". Townies. They have power in numbers. Jarvis said: "We won't use
bombs, we won't use guns", but I've tried using my mind and failed
miserably. Bastards.

At Tigermilking on saturday night a particular darling played 'Just for a
Second' for me, by Orlando, and, to follow tradition from my previous
attemps at requests at various dives, the floor cleared. Leaving me
painfully aware of the space around me as I shook my thing. I felt naked, I
tell you. Talking of naked people, I went to my first life-drawing class
this evening. I got to sketch an old man's droopy ding-a-ling with a
selection of other giggling teenage girls. Obviously I tried to get the
place with a back view of his hairy bottom, but low and behold the
intructor keep shifting the poor man about, until we'd all had a good look.
Why is it on Corination street's art classes they get Adam Ricket's lithe
body to gawp over, and we get a sixty year old man with excess bodily hair,
called Stan?

We actually got warned in advance, that if poor old Naked Stan got a
hard-on during the session, we should all laugh it off, as it is, of
course, entirely natural. It's happened before, you see. It's hard for
Naked Stan to control himself in a room full of fresh faced teenagers,
frowning delicatley over their spectacles.

What a bizzare few days I've had. Life, it's been rather up and down for me
at the moment. There's been a bit of scandalous snogging, plenty of
bruising, a debonair with silly hair who I was meant to hate forever but
ended up being strangely diplomatic with. People I probably should have
made more of an effort with, but didn't hold it against me when I needed
picking up.....and girls who try it on with everyone, and still want to be
your friend. What does it all mean? and what matters really, when you've
got 'Put the book back on the shelf' and some tea and sympathy.

It wasn't love, it just felt like it. Darren Hayman said that. He needs to
get his hair cut.

Erica