Sinister: Occasional de-lurk #23

David Moore Daf_Moore at xxx.com
Mon Sep 20 23:32:31 BST 1999

Hi Sinistereens,

Nice to hear that all the Alt. Tomorrow's Parties events passed off in
truly Sinister pissed-up style & apparently without casualties. Sadly I
couldn't attend any due to (i) W:(O:(R:(K & (ii) a train-spotting trip to
France this weekend.

Seemingly no longer obligatory B&S content: I crave to hear some new Belle
& Sebastian music, or to be absolutely honest, songs written & sung by
Stuart Murdoch specifically. So hurry up & release some soon, please. I'll
buy two copies.

I have bought some records recently but although I like most of the Death
In Vegas, the other stuff, particularly Arab Strap, just passes me by
without any of it sticking in my ear, so to speak. Which is NOT nice, as
we're going to see Messrs Moffat & Middleton on Saturday & I now suspect
they'll be dull. The best CD I purchased recently was the (don't laugh)
remastered first Roxy Music album. Beautifully packaged, fantastic sound &
the music's bloody good, too. Not just because of reminiscing about being
16 & all that glitter first time round, either. I'm only talking about the
first one, mind - it all went horribly Pete Tong soon after.

Tina just brought me a mouse for my tea but I've had to decline, having
dined sufficiently already.

Sally returns from her retail therapy trip to Noo Yawk tomorrow: if any NYC
listees saw a small & pretty person in a B&S bus T brandishing a red hot
credit card I hope they were kind to her.

Murdoch/Jagger connections: that bit at The Union Chapel when he leered
"You wouldn't want my trousers to fall down now, would you?"

Mr Rob Murdoch Stipe Barrett Wilson Halcrow wanted to know about New Paths
to Helicon, which I don't think has been released*. 10 Rapid has Helicon 1
& Helicon 2 on it - my copy of New Paths to Helicon came from the Evening
Session.

Get well soon, GlamPam.

Love to All,

Meaty, Beaty, Big & Bouncy

* Standing by to be corrected by Chemikal Underground experts