Sinister: The Desparate Things You Made Me Do

Brandt Fundak bfundak at xxx.org
Tue Sep 21 13:52:18 BST 1999

Okay, thanks to honey, I'm back in the saddle when it comes to this list.

I went and saw Magnetic Fields on Saturday Night in Oberlin, OH.  Having
just moved back to the Cleveland area after a 6 year stopover in Bowling
Green, I'm having a hard time making friends because all of my old friends
have long since bolted and I really don't have anything in common with
them anyway.  The point is that I keep seeing the same kids at the same
shows that I go to and I am just to shy to make friends. I kind of made a
friend on Saturday at the Magnetic Fields show, but then the only friend I
do have right now cast shadow on our meeting claiming that maybe he was
interested in me on a more crushlike basis, which I couldn't believe
because no guy has ever had a crush on me before and to be honest he was
kind of cute and too beautiful for me (just like most of the girls I fall
for.)  I saw a girl that I found captivating at both the Magnetic Fields
and June of 44 shows, but again, I was too shy to say a word.

Anyway, you are probably wondering where I am going with this. Word has it
that there is a strong contingent of Ohio based sinisterites.  Maybe some
of you love indie pop just like I do.  Maybe you would like to get
together and go to shows or coffee or something.  It's just a thought.

I'm not alone out there am I?

Brandt