Sinister: "What's a little boy like you doing with big boy smut like this?"

Laura Llew lleweth at xxx.com
Wed Sep 22 06:11:09 BST 1999

I never called Blake schizophrenic. I merely mentioned that his switching
around from topic to topic was a bit disconcerting. Especially, when he all
of a sudden 'jumped' into up the bum sex. I think he is shamelessly vying
for list crush votes myself. Why else would anyone mention up the bum sex
and my name in 2 subsequent posts? ha ha ha.

I would like to publicly thank all of the contributors to Laura Llew's
Lovely Literary List of 1999. So far, I have 3 pages full of book
suggestions and only 1 for "Catcher in the Rye."  Yesterday, I finished my
first book off the list. It was Lucy Adler's suggestion of Nick Hornby's
"High Fidelity". It scored points with me because
1 - it listed the top 5 Elvis Costello songs which of course "Allison" was
on and I was playing it at that moment when I read it.
B - it details the different "rules" and overall complexity of making mix
tapes.
I adore making scratch tapes for others and definitely think there is an art
to it. One of my roommates once commented that I spent more time making 1
mix tape for a friend than she saw me spend on homework during the 2 years
we lived in the same apartment. I even have a composition book in which i
keep all of the songs that i put on each tape that I make. Interesting to
see that someone else was almost as anal as I am about the whole procedure.

I was quite disappointed that I could only find 3 of the books from the list
at my local library. A couple were checked out but they didn't have most of
them. Quite discouraging - but I will keep searching for them. Oh! I almost
forgot. This is for those of you who gave me book suggestions. On the list,
I put down the title of the book, the author, the person's name who
recommended it and their e-mail address. If you do not want to be connected
with the book for the whole world to see, please let me know. (Serves you
right for suggesting smut anyway. Though, I don't want this to become a
forum for those trying to soar to the top of that ever so popular list crush
poll by making their names synonmous with smut. I won't have it - Oh no I
won't! Well, unless there is something in it for me. Then, we can negotiate.
hehe)  But do please send me (if you haven't already) your favorite book so
that I can add it to the list. I'll send a copy to those who request it
after a week or so. That should give people plenty of time to get me their
recommendations. So, come on - all the cool kids are doing it.

Oh! My exciting news of the millenium. I got a letter yesterday from the
Dean of my school saying that my internship hours would count towards
graudation (which they weren't going to allow for tedious reasons). Which
means that I, Laura Llew, am going to be a college graduate as of December.
YaY! Very happy am I! I have decided to name my first child after the head
of my major who wrote the letter of good news - Kyle L. Pehrson (good thing
it wasn't the co-director of the department who happens to be Dr. Cox. Geez,
would that child be tormented on the playground).  I remember he dressed up
in full military uniform when we were talking about the military in my
social welfare policy class. Hence, when I got the good news I watched
"Harold and Maude" because he reminded me of Uncle Richard. Oh, how I do
love that movie! They say its a cult film but I've only ever known 3 other
people who have seen it much less liked it...

That news with the arrival of a delicious 6 cd package from a member of this
very list has made my entire week. Yes, 6 cds - including a copy of
Tigermilk and some of the most brilliant mixes you have ever heard. I almost
peed in my pants from the sheer excitement of it all. I do believe it is the
nicest thing anyone has ever done for me. I for one do believe that this
list has the sincerest most beautiful people on it that there ever was. Not
that I am in any biased.

Well, I should head off to bed already before my dreams and what I am
writing in this post start to intermingle. Though, that would probably be
more entertaining. I'm off like a prom dress.....

*See, this is how this works and this is embarassing*
(if you have questions, ask Blake.)

Laura Llew